Requires Dragon, ideally version 12+
- Download and install Python v2.7.X 32-bit or higher but not Python 3.
Make sure to select
Add python to path. This can be done manually by searching for “edit environment variables for your account” and adding your Python27 folder to the list of Path values.
- Download and install Natlink. Use natlink-4.1 victor or newer.
- Download Mathfly from the master branch.
- Open up the zip file downloaded
- Extract the
mathfly-masterfolder, you can put it anywhere but it is common to use
- Check and install Mathfly dependencies by double clicking on
Pip Install Dependencies.batin the main directory.
- This can be done manually by pip installing dragonfly2, toml, future, setuptools, pywin32 and wxpython
4. Setup and launch
- Open the start menu and search for “natlink”, click the file called “Configure NatLink via GUI” and run it using python 2.7 (
- Ensure that the details of your DNS setup are correct in the “info” tab.
- In the “configure” tab, under “NatLink” and “UserDirectory” click enable. When you are prompted for a folder, give it the location of the folder containing
_mathfly_main.py- your mathfly folder from step three (
- Reboot Dragon. NatLink should load at the same time, with mathfly commands available. If this is not the case, or if there are error messages printed in the window, there may be a problem with your installation. There are some troubleshooting tips here. For assistance, feel free to post a message in the Gitter channel or e-mail me (email@example.com)
- To test this:
- Say “enable core” to enable the core mathfly commands (numbers, phonetic alphabet).
- Open a fresh notepad window and try a command like “alpha bravo three hundred”.
- Continue to Getting started